The Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle and Sorbonne University collect personal information from users of the SCIENCE TOGETHER website. Personal information is collected and processed in order to carry out a public interest mission.
All operations involving website users’ personal data comply with current personal data protection regulations.
Personal data collection
How information is collected
The personal data collected directly from professional users refers to the information provided on the online forms on the website or upon specific request by the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle and Sorbonne University.
The compulsory or optional nature of the information is indicated on the forms. Professional users are informed of their rights (right to access and disclose their data; right to rectify, restrict or delete their data; right to oppose the processing of their data) in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the French Data Protection Act.
Professional users guarantee that the information they provide is accurate, complete and up to date.
A cookie is a text file stored by your browser on a dedicated space on the hard drive of your terminal, when visiting a website. It allows its transmitter to identify the terminal in which it is deposited, during its period of validity and to keep in memory certain information relating to your journey, in particular, in order to simplify your navigation on the sites internet or offer you content tailored to your interests.
Purpose of cookies
The cookies we issue allow :
- to establish statistics and volumes of attendance and use of the various components of our site (number of pages viewed, number of visits, activity, frequency of return, etc.) in order to follow and improve the quality of our services;
- to make it easier for you to use our site, for example by memorizing information relating to a form or information that you have chosen on our site in order to provide content in connection with your interest in our activities.
The SCIENCE TOGETHER site uses analyticals cookies only for internal research purposes on the way in which the service is offered to users can be improved. These cookies allow simply to assess the way the user interacts with the website - as a user anonymous (the data collected does not allow a user to be personally identified).
Cookie used: Matomo - This data is not shared with third parties.
Cookie used: RememberMe - This data is not shared with third parties.
Enable / disable and delete cookies
The user can use their Internet browser to automatically or manually delete Cookies. It can also specify that certain cookies cannot be placed. Another option is to change the settings of his Internet browser so that he receives a message each time that a cookie is placed. For more information on these options, it is necessary to refer to instructions in the Help section of their browser.
If the user deletes the cookies in his browser, they will be placed again after his consent when revisiting the website.
Most modern browsers can be configured to prevent cookies from being saved on their device, but the user may then have to indicate some of their preferences each time visit to a site / page. In addition, some services and features may not be available (login using a profile, for example).
Finalités du traitement des données
Les données à caractère personnel sont collectées et utilisées pour répondre à une ou plusieurs des finalités suivantes :
- la description de projet de sciences participatives ;
- le référencement du porteur de projet et des co-responsables, des personnes ressources, de leur structure respective ;
- la contribution aux échanges au sein du réseau métiers ;
- le partage de ressources ;
- la publication d’évènements et d’actualités en lien avec les sciences participatives ;
- la gestion administrative et technique du site ;
- toutes opérations relatives à la gestion des fonctionnalités du compte utilisateur professionnel ;
- la réalisation de statistiques.
Purpose of data processing
Personal data are collected and used for one or more of the following purposes:
- description of the citizen science project ;
- referencing of the project leader and co-managers, resource persons and their respective institutions ;
- interacting with other professional network users ;
- resource sharing ;
- publication of events and news related to citizen science ;
- administrative and technical management of the website ;
- all operations related to managing the features of the professional user accounts ;
- producing statistics.
Personal data recipients
According to Article 4-9 of the GDPR, personal data recipients refer to “a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not.”
The personal data you provide may be sent to the following recipients:
- Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle and Sorbonne University departments ;
- service providers of the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle and Sorbonne University, including their subcontractors ;
- partners of the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle and Sorbonne University, following prior authorization ;
- public organizations, court officers or ministerial officers in order to comply with any current law or regulation, or to fulfill any legal or administrative request
Personal contact information of professional users of services on the SCIENCE TOGETHER website that is not publicly visible (personal email addresses and phone numbers) will never be shared.
Users of the services on the SCIENCE TOGETHER website are forbidden from collecting the data of other professional users, even for personal use, by using the tools and services made available by SCIENCE TOGETHER. Doing so is considered to be a crime by law (misuse of the purpose of automatic data processing) and may be subject to a complaint by the website managers.
Personal data storage
Personal data from users’ accounts are kept for a period of five years from the user’s last connection, unless a professional user cancels their registration.
Non-personally identifiable connection statistics (number of visits, geographical location, pages viewed, time spent on the website) are kept indefinitely.
Personally identifiable connection statistics (IP address, etc.) are kept for no more than six months.
Personal data security and confidentiality
The Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle and Sorbonne University will undertake all necessary measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of personal data, as well as prevent their being damaged, erased or accessed by unauthorized third parties.
Rights of persons whose data are collected and processed
In accordance with the applicable regulations on personal data protection, all professional users have the right to access, rectify, limit or oppose the use of, and delete their personal data. They may delete their account at any time. They may also provide instructions regarding how their data should be handled after their death.
These rights may be exercised at any time, subject to proof of identity, by sending an email to the SCIENCE TOGETHER website administrators at the following address: email@example.com.
All professional users may also modify their personal data directly from their account, except for their email address, which is used as their unique identifier.
Deleting their account will lead to the deletion of all personal data related to the professional user account. However, content generated by professional users may remain visible on the SCIENCE TOGETHER website as long as the website remains online. The reference to the content’s author will be maintained unless otherwise requested by the author.
In case of difficulty in managing their personal data, users may file a complaint with the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
Personal data collected
The following data are collected to perform the service(s) for which the professional user registered. The creation of the professional user account allows the user to manage and monitor these services.
The data followed by an asterisk (*) are compulsory. If the compulsory information is not provided, the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle and Sorbonne University will not be able to publish complete information about you and your projects.
|Professional user account||
Membership in the Sorbonne University Alliance*,
Name of the organization/laboratory*,
Website of the organization/laboratory,
Additional information (open text field)
Create your user account
This ACCOUNT enables you to: